Friday, April 3, 2009

Worm Moon

My BFF Maureen at Cooking My Life brought up the "Worm Moon" having to do with spring. This caused a memory burst for me about tending a big box of worms we kept under the porch for trout fishing at our nearby stream in PA. We'd put in kitchen scraps etc. and grow the most amazing Night Crawlers that the fish loved. They eventually got moved to the veggie patch. The soil was beautiful and amazingly fragrant.
The worms came from the garden mostly. We didn't buy things like that when you lived in a rural area.
This inspired me to find a big worm and show it to Fionn. He was very taken with the big squiggly thing as you might imagine so I rescued it before it became food.

1 comment:

  1. You're getting on a roll my dear. Thanks again for the pill cutter. No worms for Sebastian but this makes me think of gummy worms - for me. The candy kind i.e.!

    ReplyDelete